Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

DOG DAY AFTERNOON (1975)




Director:
Sidney Lumet

Writer:
Frank Pierson

Starring:
Al Pacino
John Cazale
Chris Sarandon and others

Dog Day Afternoon is a very well meaning movie, but sadly I did not enjoy it much. The movie starts of interestingly enough but loses its way in between. The screenplay consists of lots of melodramatic scenes, which seem out of place, considering the lighter nature of the movie as a whole. I am a self professed Pacino cynic and this performance is definitely one of his better ones but I still consider him highly overrated.

I know I don't share the same views as most of the public here but this movie just seems awfully confused to me, even though some scenes are very memorable especially the one in which Pacino brings one of the hostages out and when the detective tells the hostage to come with him, she just says I got my girls in there and thoroughly enjoys the attention she is receiving. Overall the movie didn't real impress me, as it tries a little too hard to be different.  

Pranit’s Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment