Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

PRIMER (2004)




Director:
Shane Carruth

Writer:
Shane Carruth

Starring:
Shane Carruth
David Sullivan
Casey Gooden and others

Firstly let me start by saying that I don't consider myself to be a smart ass but I ain't dumb either. Very rarely (if ever!) do movies come along which lead me to stare at the screen with admiration at the sheer incongruity the writer infuses into the screenplay. Well this is one of them. Primer makes essentially complex and ambiguous movies (read Inception and Shutter Island) seem like the creations of two year old's. This movie is geek and nerd nirvana as it is highly improbable that normal people actually understood as to what Carruth is trying to show. I do not know whether this movie requires multiple viewings or is just frankly above my level of understanding. I enjoyed the movie without really understanding the small nuances of the film. Watch it because a movie made on a 7000 dollar budget, winning the grand jury prize of Sundance 2004 definitely is a movie worth your time.

Pranit’s Rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment